Monday 23 May 2011

Twas the night before xmas...

And everything ground to a halt... The cafe was flat out. Alan hurt his knee and couldn't work. It was xmas. It was very frustrating to be - is this an idiom or a proverb? - so close, but yet so far...

Most of the tiles were up. The kitchen benches were almost done - made from the rafter offcuts that I mentioned earlier and promised would turn up again. The bath surrounds were built - from recycled karri. The bathroom shelves were made from old theatre steps from a demolished theatre in North Melbourne - I wish I knew exactly where, but I don't... If you look closely you can see the treads at the front of each shelf.







I know that after only four months I should've been rapt to have made such momentous progress, but I was just wish wish wishing that it could just be finished... Alan had lost motivation and had taken to leaving himself cryptic self-help messages around the house...


Almost in...


No comments:

Post a Comment